2017 FALL FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS
Deadline Extended to Wed. Sept 27, 2017
complete and mail your FALL FESTIVAL application NOW!
Mail to FALL FESTIVAL, c/o Jenny Vaughn,
1837 Churchill, Trenton, MI 48183
Awards: $300 - 1st place, $200 - 2nd place, $100 - 3rd place,
$25 - Honorable Mentions, and $100 Artists' Choice Award
If have any questions call:
Maureen Keast • 734-777-6109 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Vaughn • 734-787-1211 • email@example.com
Judy Nelms • 734-634-4800 • firstname.lastname@example.orgShare this email with a friend & See you at Take In: Saturday, Sept 30th— Judy Nelms
ASD General Meeting, Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017
Ford Community and Performing Arts Center
at 7 pm in the senior meeting/wet rooms
theme for Sept. monthly challenge: architecture
Exhibit ends next friday, Sept. 27
There still is time to see the exhibit "Inspired By..." currently at the Padzieski Gallery inside the Ford Performing Arts Center located at 15801 Michigan Ave, Dearborn. There is plenty of free parking on the west side of the Center. Come view the art today!
On a sad note...
I'm sad to announce that one of our past members, Lillian McKillop has passed away. Some of you might remember Lillian and her work, large vibrant acrylic paintings of still life fruit, and abstracts that were reminiscent of the ocean waves. I was always amazed at the intensity and vibrancy of these huge canvases that were created by such a petite woman.
Lillian had been sick for about a year and passed away shortly after her 92nd birthday. After not creating any art while she was ill, her daughter persuaded her to paint again shortly before her death. Her daughter said that the change that came over Lillian as she began painting was remarkable. She seemed to become the Lillian we knew.
There will be a celebration (translation: party and display of many of her paintings) of Lillian's life on Saturday, September 9 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM. This will take place at Fr. Yagley Hall, 7500 Schaeffer. Please RSVP to Lillian's daughter Madeleine Burkhard at 313 401-9967 if you plan to attend. Madeleine would love to see other artists there and perhaps hear/share some stories of her mother if you have any. (For example, did you know that Lillian taught Tae Kwon Do into her 80s? I didn't.) In any event, the celebration will be a chance to view Lillian's work again. She will be missed.
Cards and condolences can be sent to:
7442 Neckel, Dearborn MI48126
Congratulations to all the award winners and all participants from our Spring Show, juried and judged by Mr. Mohammad Bazzi. The Award winners are:
- Judge”s Choice - Tom Livo – Puerto Aventuras
- 1st Place Acrylic/Oil - Janet Kondziela – The Artist
- 1st Place Photography - Christine Panyard – Haus Farbe
- 1st Place Watercolor - Janet Grant – Copper Pot
- 2nd Place Acrylic/Oil - Isabelle Renaud – Radishes
- 2nd Place Photography - Teresa Lousias – Light at the end of the Woods
- 2nd Place Watercolor - Janet Kondziela – The Far Horizon
- Elena Adam – Tale of the Magus
- Janus Benda – Giraffes
- Diana Lieva – Lonely
- Janet Grant – From the Vine
- Tom Livo – Black Lake
- Vivian Longfellow – Daffodils in Turquoise
- Kathleen O’Connell – Chicken Dance Trio
- Kathleen O’Connell – Oranges in January
- Christine Panyard – Prayer
- Olga Pawlowski – Double Trouble
- Jena Sampias-Riggs – Garden Study (Flower #1)
- Pamela Sayre – Dolphin Fountain
- Joan Smykowski – Shamrock Bowl