With deepest sympathies, we mourn the passing of Diane Szomolyai.
Visitation is today, Friday, February 17, 2017 from 1:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Funeral Service, Saturday 10:00 a.m. at the Funeral Home. Interment, Our Lady of Hope Cemetery.
Solosy Funeral Home is at 3206 Fort Street, Lincoln Park, Michigan 48146
For more information, click here: Solosy Funeral Home
DCAC 22nd Annual Juried Photography Exhibition OPENED FEBRUARY 1
and runs through February 28, 2017. It was an exciting night for one of our members, Christine Panyard. She took first place for Cloister (altered), second place for Cacti (B&W) and honorable mention for Soft Snow. View her work below, and stop by the Padzieski gallery in the performing arts center in dearborn to see the full show. Congratulations Christine!
• Our newest member of ASD, Carl George (who lives in Artspace City Hall Lofts), is organizing life drawing sessions at Artspace beginning in January (probably Wednesday, Jan. 18, but not yet confirmed) — this invitation is extended to all ASD members. The sessions will be limited to 20 artists each month. The cost is $20 total, paid in cash in advance (at the first session), for 6 sessions of 3 hours each with live model either nude or partially clothed. The sessions are from 7–10 p.m., and the model is paid $60 for the 3-hour session. It doesn't get any cheaper than that — $3.35 per session. Members can email Carl at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The limit is 20 artists and there are already 18 confirmations at Artspace! Email Carl today! ASAP!
• Sharlene Welton held an Open House at her Studio in Romulus this past weekend, Dec. 3 & 4. Hope you were able to attend!
• Maureen Keast has two acrylic paintings accepted into the Think Small Show at Lawrence Street Gallery in Ferndale.
• .Janet Kondziela won Best of Show at the October Canton Fine Arts exhibit. She placed 2nd at the Livonia Fine Arts exhibit, and 2nd place in the Detroit Society of Women Painters & Sculptors Recent Works exhibit at the Loft Gallery in Mt. Clemens. She also has two pieces in the “Our Rivers, Our Lakes” exhibit at the SOC HQ, Boll House in Grosse Pointe Farms. The exhibit runs to December 2. In addition, Janet sold one of her paintings done in Ireland and two “sky” paintings. She’s had a great month!
• Joan Smykowski exhibited a ceramic plate in the October Canton Fine Arts Exhibit.
• Diane Szomolyai exhibited 15 pieces in the “Warrior HeART” show at the Huron Valley Council for the Arts in Highland, MI. This exhibit was for military veterans with a passion for art and honored our service men and women.
• Christine Panyard was featured in the September issue of The Michigan Catholic about her experiences on tour in Cana, Israel. Christine has published a book “The Sistine Chapel: A Biblical Tour” and is about to publish her second book, “Stalking Michelangelo.”
Janet K. & Kathy's open studio & Sale Night
Kathy and I had our 2nd Annual Open Studio & Sale Night on Friday, Nov. 11 and we had such a good time! It was a chance to share laughter and light refreshments while viewing art and reconnecting with old friends. Thanks for attending!
Fine Art Studio of Janet Kondziela & Kathy O'Connell
23810 Michigan Avenue, Suite 203, Dearborn MI 48124